Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Selling our home?

John Chris and I are on the same page with this finally, and we have decided to sell our home. We have been debating this topic for a couple of months. One day I want to sell and he doesn't, and the next day he wants to sell and I don't. The problem that we are having is that we really like our house. In fact we still love just about everything about it. There are only 2 big things we want to change, the garage and the yard.
We have a 2 car garage, and we only have 2 cars. The 2 cars we have are full size, and the garage is only 17 x 20. Let me just tell you how big of a pain it is to get Ryland in and out of his car seat with only about 10" of door opening. I am not kidding 10". Before we pull in the garage, the passengers have to get out and get Ryland out. The driver pulls in as close to the wall as possible. This tight fit has been difficult for me, and I have already hit the wall in my new ride. ANGER!
The yard is too small for a growing family. I love my intimate backyard garden, but as Ryland gets a little older he will want some room to play. Even though it is not a huge deal right now, it will be before we know it. We don't want a huge yard, but we would like enough room to play catch and run around.
We want to stay in the area because we like it and the schools are awesome. We will see how it goes. I am pretty nervous because newer construction in the area is usually a little out of our comfort zone, but every now and then we see something that would be a good fit for us. I just hope we find it when we sell, or I will be sad. Cross your fingers!

2 comments:

sarahandmatt said...

What?!?!

Unknown said...

You GUYS! You're supposed to be moving to Dallas. You ruined my life and all the plans I had for us. But I still love you and will still come visit! Good luck selling and looking!