Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Latest baby progress update

I was upset when I received a call this morning that my doctor would be unable to see me due to an unexpected call at the hospital. I cringed at the thought of seeing Ruth, the nurse practitioner again. It seems that every time I have seen her in the past I have left upset. After the kidney scare a few months back, I swore that I would refuse to see her again. Well, I saw her again today for my check up. I am still not a fan, but everything went OK.
The baby's heart rate was 137 bpm. I am 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced. She said the baby could come at any time. I was excited to hear that I was making progress, and that the baby may come on his own terms. I have been dreading an induction due to how Ryland's turned out. I had a stress test, and the baby did just fine. I need to make it through the weekend, because my doctor is out of town. After that I am ready to get this party started. Mother of 2 boys. I am very excited!

No comments: