Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lesson Learned

How can a simple vase teach me a lesson?  It started out as offering a little help to a group for a big charity fundraiser, and it has turned into a big lesson for me.  I need to learn to say "no" and sometimes just to be quiet. 
After working with a wholesaler for several years, they unexpectedly closed without notice last week.  The really bad thing is that I had received a price quote for a few things for the charity event.  I passed along my price, so that they could enjoy the savings and the decorating budget could go a bit further.  Now that the wholesaler is closed, I can't find the same prices at any other wholesaler.  I haven't exhausted all options yet, but like I really need one more thing on my plate. 
I did go ahead and "fix" the vases they are using.  While removing glued on crystals, digging out the old styrofoam, painting the ugly green and purple to a glossy black, gluing on new crystals, and putting new foam and moss inside, I had plenty of time to think. I love working on projects like this, but I do need to learn to slow down.

No comments: