Friday, April 5, 2013

Reed's Surgery

Reed's surgery was early this morning, and everything went well.  He was a little defiant after the happy shot up his nose.  The nurse kept telling me he would relax in about 5 minutes.  About 10 minutes later, she informed me that some children are a little tougher than others.  Duh?  Needless to say, Reed went back to surgery screaming.  He refused to wear the hospital gown, and he would not let them take his shoes. 
 
The doctor came out after about 15 minutes to inform me that he was finished, and it took three stitches.  I was able to comfort him in the recovery room as he was waking, and he wasn't happy.  He threw a fit about the monitor on his toe and refused to drink juice or eat a popsicle.  I pulled a quick one on him and poured the juice in his cup.  He went for it and drank it all.  The nurses were pleased and processed all the paperwork to get us released. Of course when I stood up with Reed, he vomited everywhere. (and twice more in the truck on the way home)
Ryland was a trooper this morning.  He comforted Reed and told him everything would be OK.  He was really sweet and patient.  He is such a great big brother!


No comments: