Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentine Box

Directions for Valentines came home a week ago.  Fifteen cards that needed to be signed and addressed by Ryland.  He would also need a bag or box to collect cards.  We worked on the cards a few days in advance, and Ryland picked out a gift bag with colorful hearts.  He was all set, so I packed everything in his book bag.
Around 11PM, I crawled into bed, and I flipped through Facebook on my phone.  I saw all of these "Valentine boxes".  Completely over the top, Pinterest, Martha Stewart crafted boxes filled my news feed.  Immediately, I knew I could not send Ryland to school with his heart gift bag.  Back up and ready to craft.  I mod podged a head of Steve from Minecraft on a cereal box.  
The next morning, Ryland was so shocked.  His expression made my hours of work so worthwhile.  He loved it and was excited to show it off at school.


No comments: