Friday, October 16, 2015

Ridley has surgery

My sweet girl had a quick procedure this morning, but it is was still so hard.  After numerous ear infections and rounds of antibiotics, we knew it was time for tubes and removal of adenoids.
Ridley was her opinionated self and gave the staff a hard time.  They gave her a princess crown and wand, which helped distract her for about three minutes.  After a breathing treatment, she was irate.  The meds came shortly after, and I rocked my sweet angel one more time before they took her back.



After about thirty minutes, the doctor came out to let me know the surgery was successful, which gave me relief.  Five minutes later, I heard Ridley screaming from the recovery room.  The nurses quickly came for me to help them console the crazy child.  Needless to say, Ridley isn't pleasant when she comes off anesthesia.  I rocked and comforted for an hour, so we could be released.  We spent the rest of the day cuddling.  Hoping this gives her some relief from the ear infections and pain.

No comments: