Saturday, February 11, 2017

The Ranch

Grand Pop was in town visiting, so we took him out to the ranch to do a little hunting.   I really should say a little shooting, because there was absolutely no danger to the wildlife.  We put out lots of stinky pig treats and rode around the property on the mule.  Ryland loves it out here, and I could see him living out in the country when he gets older.  This is definitely his element.


While we were riding around on the mule, we came across several wild hogs.  John Chris and Grand Pop jumped off the mule and took aim.  A few shots later it was clear that the hogs were lucky and escaped without harm.  I am not sure about these shooters or their guns.  A little more target practice may be needed.  


I sat on the porch with my boy, Ryland, and we talked about life, hunting, and sports.  I am reminded how fast he is growing up.  


No comments: