Thursday, March 5, 2009

Blood pressure scare

I received a phone call about a doctor's appointment that I did not schedule. Come to find out my new doctor wanted me to come back in to have my blood pressure re-checked. When I got to her office, I was called back for a sonogram. What? I was not prepared to have a sonogram, and I began to get scared. Everything with the baby looked fine, but my blood pressure was even higher than my previous appointment. The nurses ordered some blood work, and I was sent immediately to the hospital.

I called John Chris to meet me there. I was hooked up to monitor the baby and my blood pressure. The nurse started asking me questions about pain management, epidural, circumcision, and living wills. I started to freak out. I thought I was ready to have Ryland, but I quickly realized that I was not. I spent several hours in triage being monitored, and I am now on bed rest.

No comments: