Friday, November 18, 2011

Potty training Ryland

I put big boy underwear on Ryland yesterday thinking it would encourage him to use the potty. I asked him about every 20 minutes if he needed to go potty, and he always answered, "not yet". After about an hour, he had an accident. I changed his underwear, pants, and socks.

When we got home this morning from Reed's surgery, John Chris asked Ryland if he wanted to put on some big boy underwear again. Ryland quickly agreed. I was a bit annoyed because it wasn't the ideal situation. I now had to take care of an 8 month old after surgery who wanted to scream while the anesthesia wore off and deal with potty training a toddler all while my husband went to work. No thanks!

I again asked Ryland numerous times if he needed to go potty. He said no, not yet every time. After about an hour and a half. He had an accident. I admit that I just wanted to put him in diaper, but he wanted more big boy underwear. I couldn't go back, and he was obviously interested. I put another pair of underwear on him and off he went. He told me the next time he needed to go potty, and he did great all afternoon. He had a poop accident and quickly learned that poop in underwear is not fun.

We are really proud of Ryland being such a big boy. It is amazing how much faster he can run in big boy underwear, and we keep telling him he is super fast! So far, so good.

No comments: