Tuesday, January 24, 2012

No more paci

Well, it happened today. In all our craziness this morning, I somehow left the house without Reed's pacifier. I didn't realize it was missing until I dropped him off at school. Ooops! I talked to his teacher, and we decided to see how it goes. I waited for a call, but it never came.
Since he did well without it at school, I decided today was the day it would go away for good. We went to the gym and spent the evening without the paci, so we were ready to try bedtime. After dinner and a bath, we put Reed down for bed. He knew immediately that he didn't have it, and he started to cry.
It broke my heart to hear him cry it out, but I kept telling myself it was for his own good. I also reminded myself that our pediatrician says that pacifiers are fine until one year old. I thought back to when we took Ryland's paci away, and how silly we felt for putting up with the paci drama for so long.
Reed fought it for a while and let us know that he was upset, but then he laid down and got quiet. He was asleep after 28 minutes of crying. I just hope he sleeps tonight!

No comments: