Sunday, May 5, 2013

CHCS Spring Program

Chapel Hill Children's School had their annual Spring Program.  Ryland and his classmates practiced two songs for several weeks and even had informal rehearsals in the original chapel. 
I was so happy to have a great view of my boy right up front.  He came in the building chewing on his shirt collar, so I got his attention with a wave, a thumbs up, and a big smile.  Another kid started bawling, and I think it pushed Ryland right over the edge.  He stood completely still for the first song.  No singing or cute hand motions.  The second song started, and Ryland started crying. 
It was a painfully long - but really short - song that he cried all the way through.  I immediately teared up as well, and I just wanted to give my "Bubby" a big hug. I had a hunch this might happen, since he is a little sensitive every now and then.  We had talked about it a dozen times, and we even practiced how much fun it would be. 
The stage got the best of him this time, but we will work on it.  I did go ahead and purchase the DVD.  I just  know we will watch it one day and laugh.
 

No comments: