Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July

Happy Independence Day from Cooks Childrens' Hospital! 
 
Reed woke up still complaining of a hurt arm and starvation that would only be satisfied with pancakes.  I knew that if he wouldn't eat pancakes something was really wrong with his arm.  I thought I would run to McDonalds to pick up some pancakes and head to urgent care.  Reed screamed the entire way, which was even more dramatic when I was pulled over for speeding. 
 
In the process of giving the officer my information, he thought he would give the boys badge stickers in hopes of winning them over.  Reed totally lost it, because he was unable to grab his sticker due to his hurt arm.  I got out of the truck to open his door to help him out.  The officer came back to see what was going on.  I explained what had happened, and that I was on the way to urgent care to have it looked at.  The officer informed me that it was nursemaid's elbow, and that his daughter had it several times.  He was even nice enough to explain how to correct it.  Awwww.  He was even so nice to give me a ticket as well!
 
I drove to Cooks thinking about how totally nuts the morning had been.  John Chris was at work. We were all in our pajamas with tear filled eyes. I had just gotten my first speeding ticket in 10 years.  It was one of those "you have to be kidding me" moments.
 
Reed did have nursemaid's elbow, and the doctor was able to pop it back into place.  He immediately was pain free.  At least the popsicles helped get some happy in our day.
 

No comments: