Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve

Our family traditions continued with a full day of activities.  We decided that Santa would like chocolate chip cookies this year, so we baked a batch of cookies in the morning to start our day.  I have to admit that a little cookie dough is an excellent way to get your day going.  The boys got a bit silly as well.


The afternoon was pretty lazy, just a bit of playing toys and puzzles.  We put on our "handsome" clothes for Christmas Eve candlelight service at church.  This is what really gets John Chris and myself in the mood.  It was a beautiful service.  Ryland fell asleep on one side and slept through the entire service.  He was so comfortable, he kicked his feet up on the sweet lady sitting beside me.  She was a trouper and simply placed her hands on top of his legs to keep them in her lap.  Reed made it almost to the end of service before he fell asleep on the other side of me.  As I sat with both of my sweeties peacefully resting on either side, I was overcome with emotions.  Couple that with the pregnancy hormones and the beautiful music, and I quickly turned into an emotional mess.  
We came home for dinner and put out some reindeer food in the front yard.  The boys sprinkled the glittery food and laughed with sheer joy.  They picked out a few chewy cookies and a glass of chocolate milk for Santa to enjoy.


Santa brought a bunch of fun toys and goodies for the boys.  We can't wait to see how the boys react in the morning.  


No comments: