Monday, December 2, 2013

Closet project

I am in love with my new master closet!  We finally got rid of all the warped shelves and rods, and now we have a thought out space that holds everything neatly.  The main wall when you walk in has super big drawers that hold socks, underwear, T-shirts, shorts, and other things for John Chris.  The two large doors on the sides are actually pull out hampers, which I am so excited about, and the top doors hide shelves for folded clothes.
After
Before
My side of the closet has 5 built-in sections that I have used to separate my seasonal clothes.  (None of which fit, but they will again soon.) The cabinets above hold hats, purses, and bags.
After
Before
Another feature that is nice are the shoe shelves.  It is great to finally have them organized in pairs, and the boys don't seem as interested in trying on my shoes now.  I can also easily find two matching shoes quickly.
After
Before
 John Chris added a locked cabinet on his side for storage of things we need to keep out of little hands.  It also has shelves for additional storage.  He also has 5 built in hanging sections to divide his slim wardrobe.  I need to clean the window, and I will be able to place the shadow boxes on the top shelf.
 After
 Before
 A few things still remain to be finished, like the floor, but we are waiting to install tile until the master bathroom is tiled. I am so thrilled with the finished room.  I love it!
 
 
 

No comments: