Monday, January 25, 2010

Box boats







I started two projects while Ryland was taking a nap, cleaning out the closet under the stairs and packing a few shipments to mail. I was literally neck deep in a huge mess of boxes and junk, when he woke up. I knew he would never let me finish the project without being right in the middle of it. Instead of wrestling with him, I just sat him in one of the large boxes in the center. He was so happy and content. I completely forgot about my project and started playing as well. The big box quickly turned into a boat that slid easily across the wood "water". We just had to watch out for the bad wake. It was bumpy!
Another precious moment of pure joy with my boy. The mess finally got picked up and finished after he went to bed, and I couldn't help but think how much more fun the projects were with him.

No comments: