Friday, March 19, 2010

Ouch! Ryland is a biter.

We went to dinner with Robert, Sarah, and Harker at a delicious Greek restaurant tonight. The food was awesome, and it was nice to be out of the house hanging out. The kids behaved well for a while, and then they decided the party was over. Sarah and I took the little ones outside to wait on the men to finish their drink and pay.

Ryland is all about walking, so he wanted down to explore. He immediately found an extension cord and made his move to grab it. I pulled him away, and he went right back. Again, I pulled him away and decided to hold him in an attempt to redirect his attention. He started screaming and yelling. He was arching his back and trying to get down. He all of a sudden tried to bite a chunk out of my left jaw. I can't possibly describe how hard he clamped down and wouldn't back off. I pulled him away in absolute shock. About that time John Chris walked out to see the huge swollen teeth marks on the side of my face. He did not break the skin, but he left a terrible mark that hurts like hell.

No comments: