Monday, April 26, 2010

Silhouettes

A local toy store was hosting a silhouette artist, and I thought it was a must do. Silhouettes remind me of my Grandmother Sue. She had silhouettes made of me and my brother when we were little. She had a collection of our family in one of her bedrooms. I remember as a child how cool they were. A little piece of the way it used to be.
The artist was so incredibly fast. She cut the silhouette by hand with no tracing in about 2 minutes. I was blown away at her speed and the end product. What a true talent!
After the silhouette, Ryland wanted to play. His idea of playing was to take as many toys off the shelf and throw them in the floor. He doesn't understand putting things back where they belong yet. Maybe he gets that from his Dad. (Ha,ha,ha)

Ryland went nuts when he saw this rocking horse. I think he would have ridden for hours. He loved it.

No comments: