Friday, December 10, 2010

Casa Manana's Rudolph

I took Ryland to his first play this morning. I was a little concerned that he wouldn't sit still and enjoy the play, but I went ahead and purchased tickets to Rudolph. When we arrived I immediately questioned my judgement in even attempting to attend a play. Really, Candice? Ryland in a theater, quiet in the dark, sitting in a chair, and for over an hour. What the heck was I thinking? He was all over the place. He refused to sit in his seat and wanted to climb around to play. The moment the lights went off and the characters came out, Ryland was very intrigued. He crawled in my lap and watched what was going on. He sat still and attentive for the entire play. I was completely shocked. He loved every moment, and it was one of my favorite and most treasured moments with him.

No comments: