Friday, June 29, 2012

Doctor visit


We noticed Reed had a small rash on his cheekbone under his eye.  We were unsure what it was, so I called the pediatrician to speak with the nurse.  He also had lots of nasty drainage coming out of his left ear thanks to his tube.  The nurse wanted us to go ahead and come in since the rash was near his eye, and they could go ahead and double check his ear.  I cringed at the thought of taking both of them to the doctor, but we headed on over.
Both boys were on their best bahavior at this visit, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well they behaved.  It was quite obivious that Reed adores his big brother, and he copies eveything Ryland does.  I love how he looks up to him, and I was able to catch him literally doing it in this photo.  My sweet, sweet boys!
Reed's rash was ezcema and needs to be treated with cream.  The ear situation was a bit yucky.  The doctor cleaned out all of the nastiness and put drops in.  Reed was NOT happy about the drops and screamed.  He is on 10 days of oral antibiotic and steriod/antibiotic drops.  Hopefully, he will be back to 100% in a few days.

No comments: