Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pity Pantry

I have been complaining about my pantry for years.  The shelves are pulling away from the walls, and there is no flexibility for larger or smaller items.  I have been planning on starting over and installing an Elfa system, but I just hadn't pulled the plug and made the investment. 
After the ultrasound appointment, I guess John Chris was feeling sorry for me since chances are we are adding another boy to the family.  He actually suggested going home and starting the pantry project.  I lovingly call this my pity pantry.
 
Before
 
After
 
 
Before
 
After
 

Before
 
 
After
 
I love the final product.  The shelves are all adjustable, so I can move them depending on what we have in stock.  This will be really handy after a trip to Sam's.  My favorite part has to be the drawers on the left.  I love the flexibility and the accessibility they offer.  Everything is off the floor, which makes it easy to sweep and mop, and we now have a spot for the broom and dust pan inside. No more walking out in the garage.  John Chris added a light in the back of the pantry, so I can see all the large serving pieces and appliances.  I love it!

No comments: