Sunday, July 11, 2010

Open house

John Chris and I decided to go ahead and list our home with a REALTOR. We thought that listing our home would get more showings and visibility online. I also was worn out on refilling fliers, taking phone calls, and scheduling appointments. We are hoping that it will take a little of the stress off of us, and speed up the time it takes to sell.

Our agent, Karen, set up our first open house this Sunday. John Chris and I worked really hard to make sure the house was in great condition, so it would show nicely. Karen put out lots of signage and fliers in hopes of increasing visitors. We were excited to see what kind of response we would have.

Unfortunately, we did not have one visitor come to the open house. The signs had been taken down over night and all of the fliers had been removed from the box. We were so very disappointed.

My friend, Sarah, has told me about a St. Joseph statue that she used to help sell her home in New Orleans after Katrina. I had looked it up online a few times, but never took the time to order one. While with her mom in Illinois, they found a statue and bought it for us. Sarah mailed it to us, and we got it right after the open house. John Chris and I immediately opened the box, read the inserts, said the prayer, and buried it in the yard. St. Joseph is the saint of real estate, so we are putting our trust in him and hoping for the best. We will keep you all updated.

1 comment:

sarahandmatt said...

I know at least 3 catholics that swear by St. Joe! Good Luck