Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Guest bedroom - before & after

BeforeAfter

I have been slacking on the house progress updates lately. I guess I have been a little busy. We are finished with the upstairs guest bedroom, and we are pleased with the results. The room was originally the teenage son's room before we purchased the house. Needless to say, it smelled like a teenage boy also.


We started with the electric blue walls. After patching all the holes, we painted 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of fresh paint. The room got new carpet and pad, taller baseboards, ceiling fan, and electrical switches. One thing that I absolutely loved about this house when we bought it was the plantation shutters. As you can see a little in the before picture, the shutters in this room were busted up and missing several louvre pins. I found a great website for shutter replacement parts. Ryland and I spent a full day just cleaning the shutters, window seal, & window; replacing the shutter pins; and repairing the cracked louvres.

The guest room is complete and ready for more visitors!

No comments: