Monday, July 18, 2011

New windows

The new windows are in, and they are being installed tomorrow. I am thrilled beyond words. These hideous windows have bothered me since we purchased the house months ago. We gathered estimates of replacing the glass, and it was harsh. We elected to go ahead and install new energy efficient windows instead of the glass replacement. It cost us more, but we really wanted to get more energy benefits. We replaced the 4 in the family room, Ryland's room, and the 2 in the game room. If they make a big difference in energy conservation we are planning on replacing all of them. Needless to say, I was happy to say bye, bye.
Yuck, I have kept the plantations shutters closed on these back windows to avoid looking at the nasty mess.

Beautiful!!!!!! I am beyond words right now. I just love the clean, crisp glass. Hooray!

This is the view from the outside before the replacement.

This is the new view. Don't they look amazing! I am sad that we had to hold off on our Anguilla vacation, but the gorgeous things might just be worth it!



No comments: