Friday, July 1, 2011

Slip'n slide

I have been telling John Chris that Ryland needs a slip n' slide since the beginning of the summer. I have had several other things going on, so I haven't had a chance to actually find one. I was shopping at Marshalls for a bathing suit appropriate for aqua class when I saw a slip n' slide out of the corner of my eye. I probably looked like a complete nut, because I got so excited. I showed it to Ryland, and he got super excited too.

I made him take a nap as soon as we got home, so he would be rested to play outside. The second he woke up, he wanted to slip n' slide. The kid had no clue how or what to do. He just wanted to slip n' slide. We set it up in the backyard and turned on the water. He ran down the slide and splashed in the water.
He was laughing and giggling. He loved it!


After explaining that he was supposed to slide down it, he decided to get on his stomach. He crawled up the slide! Gosh! I was afraid of hurting myself, so I decided not to show him by example. I tried holding his arms and dragging him down the slide, but he kept sticking to the plastic. Hmmm. Nothing a little bit of joy soap can't handle. I squirted an ample amount of soap over the slide and slung him down it quickly. He loved it.

John Chris joined in the fun as soon as he got home. He and my dad took turns throwing Ryland down the slip n' slide. John Chris changed into his swim suit and demonstrated the correct way to run and slide down. Ryland loved this but was still a bit hesitant to run and jump head first. Maybe he will always be this cautious. Doubtful.

No comments: