Saturday, August 20, 2011

It's "Saturday"!



We have a Saturday tradition that has caught on over the past several months. It started when Ryland would wake up and come downstairs. "Where did daddy go?" I would tell him what day of the week it was and explain that daddy was at work. I started telling him that daddy would stay home on Saturday. On Fridays, John Chris and I would ask what day is tomorrow? We taught him to say "Saturday". He says it in a really cute emphasized way that caught on.

As the weeks progressed, we started making cinnamon rolls on Saturday mornings. Ryland would spread the icing on the top when they came out of the oven. He really likes cinnamon rolls and started asking for them by name. I started picking them up every time we bought groceries. They have become a staple item on the list.

When you ask Ryland what day is it tomorrow. He will tell you "Saturday", and then say cinnamon rolls. I have to admit my heart smiles every time I buy those cinnamon rolls, and I can't wait for "Saturday".

No comments: