Monday, August 22, 2011

Aquarium play date

Our play group met at the new Sea Life aquarium in Grapevine. I was a little hesitant at first, but Ryland's amazement was worth the wait in line. He ran right to the first exhibit and was in total awe.
Reed was a trooper as always. I think he was a little amazed as well.

"Look mommy. A shark!"

This was the sting ray exhibit. There was a large tank with bubble viewing areas for the kiddos to peek in to the sting rays.

One of the coolest areas of the aquarium. The tunnel was completely glass including the floor. Ryland was not overly excited to walk on it at first, and I attempted to snap a picture before he started fussing.

Here is a mirror view of us three. It is the only way I could get us in a photo together. Too bad the huge jelly fish were right in the way.

Reed just doesn't know what to think. He is checking out the views.

I tried to get Ryland to sit by Reed for a picture by the glass wall, but he thought the floor would be better.

The boys. I did a little talking, and I was able to convince Ryland to pose for a picture with Reed.


As we continued through the aquarium, we came to the Texas swamp land exhibit. There was a large U shaped tank that you could walk "in".

Ryland noticed that I snapped a picture of him on the other side, and he took a picture of me being silly.

The shark tank was awesome! The room has a glass panel floor and side panels. Ryland just plopped down on the floor to get up close and personal. He was mesmerized.


After visiting the exhibits, we checked out the learning center. They had a few tanks that the kids could touch and learn more about the creatures.

Overall, the aquarium was awesome! It was a pain to wait with a 2 year old and 5 month old for 30 minutes before getting in, but it was worth it. Ryland and Reed both enjoyed it, and so did I.

No comments: