Friday, August 26, 2011

Play dough

I totally caved at the store today. I took the boys to purchase school supplies, and one of the items we needed was play dough. Ryland said he wanted to play with it as soon as he got home. I explained it was for school, and we couldn't open it. He was disappointed.

I quickly thought about the huge potential mess the play dough would make. It made me shutter just to think of all the crevices and cracks I would have to clean. I just stopped. I remembered how much I loved playing with play dough when I was younger, so I bought two packs. One for school and one for home.

As soon as we got home, we laid down some play dough rules. Only with mommy or daddy and only in the kitchen. The island was a great place to spread it all out to play.

We mashed shapes, rolled snakes, and made all kinds of other unrecognizable creatures. It was awesome! Ryland lost interest after about 45 minutes, but I was all about the play dough. He eventually pulled me away to play cars. Lesson learned. Have fun!

Reed was more interested in his teething ring, but I am sure he would have taste tested the play dough.

No comments: