Friday, December 2, 2011

GCSML Christmas Party

The GCSML Christmas party was a great success. It started with a toy drop off for all the adopted angels. We filled a trailer with all sorts of toys, clothes, and other goodies for needy children. Ryland asked lots of questions as I unloaded our packages and the bike. He wanted to see the boy who we bought things for. I explained the best I could for a toddler, and I am hoping it makes an impression on him.

We then headed to the party, and guess who was there. Santa! We went ahead and jumped in line for a picture, so we could go play. I have been talking up taking a picture with Santa in hopes of Ryland not freaking out like last year. He was so cool about it. He climbed up in his lap and started telling him about the big potty and what he wanted. I am a little unsure of the goofy grin on his face, but whatever. Reed had just drifted off, so he was completely out of it. I love his expression. I am sure he was thinking - I went to sleep in the truck and woke up to this bearded fat guy and now I have to smile.

We had a great time at the party, and it was a wonderful way to enjoy time with friends while getting in the spirit. Merry Christmas!


No comments: