Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kitchen improvement

I was very excited to get the new kitchen sink and faucet. John Chris and I had been talking about it for several months, but we wanted to hold off until the majority of the house projects were finished. We used the old sink to wash out paint brushes, caulk rags, and many other messy tools of the job. Needless to say, it showed its rough life.
I had a hard time selecting a sink, because I really wanted an under mount like we had at the previous house. It wasn't possible due to the lack of overhang of the granite. Basically whoever installed the granite and old sink cut the granite hole very large. They left no granite lip inside the cabinet to mount and under mount sink to. Bummer! I did a little searching, and I found this sink was our best option. It has no extra grooves or dips around the edge. It is deep and only has one faucet hold pre-drilled.
It took several hours to install due to the lack of "lip", but it looks awesome! I am so pleased and have noticed I like doing dishes a bit more now. I just love seeing the empty sink - so clean and sparkly. I think I am in love with a sink.

No comments: