Monday, March 12, 2012

Artie's Playhouse

Since it is the beginning of Spring Break, a nearby children's theater ran plays all week. Our Monday playgroup decided we would meet up to enjoy it together. This was our second visit to Artie's, and once again Ryland loved it. The play was based on the Aladdin story, and the child actors did a fantastic job acting and singing.
Before the show got started, the announcer laid the ground rules and asked if there were any birthdays for the week. Ryland and I raised our hands to let him know Ryland's was Sunday. There were two other kids with birthdays, so the announcer asked them all to come up on stage. Ryland refused. He wanted me to go up there with him. I told him I would, but then he insisted I hold him. The crowd started singing, and Ryland started whining. I passed off Reed to my friend, Kramer, who was sitting beside us, and we headed to the front. We got to the stage stairs right at the last verse. Total drama!
Ryland sat in his seat munching on popcorn and cookies while he watched the play. He got a little nervous about Jafar, but he was pleased with the ending when "they got that mean guy". He really enjoys coming to the plays, and I love to see him get excited about the music.
Reed was all over the place for the last 30 minutes of the show. He would climb up me and then throw his head back. He wanted down to walk around and pat on the heads of people in front of us. I had to carry him out because he refused to sit in my lap. Balancing two gets a little tricky sometimes, but my frustration is well worth the joy it brings.

No comments: