Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Snake Encounters

Our local library had an activity every day of Spring Break. Today, it was a snake encounter. I took the boys to see this crazy man and his snakes. He put on a great show and was really funny. I wasn't a fan of all his snakes, but he was very knowledgeable.
This is probably the only shot of Ryland and Harker sitting down watching the "show". They ran around like crazy people. Between keeping Reed on the right side of the tape and keeping track of Ryland, I was done.
Mr. Snake (I'll call him) picked out kids from the audience to come up and hold the massive python. Ryland and Harker were not chosen, but they decided to go on up front anyway. They didn't get to hold the snake, but they started exploring what was on the table. This made me so nervous because there were so many snakes in boxes and bags. YUCK!
After the show, Mr. Snake let the kids come up and touch the snakes, so the parents could take a picture. Ryland was pretty hesitant, but he caved to peer pressure. Reed couldn't get to that snake fast enough. Yes, that is my baby going for the snake's head.
Oh my, I think I need a tranquilizer for myself!

No comments: