Saturday, April 7, 2012

Egg dying

In preparation for an egg hunt tomorrow, we died eggs tonight before bed. I made sure to pick up multiple packs of dye, so we wouldn't have a repeat of last year's issue. (The package I bought last year was missing the dye packets.) Since the boxes contained the dye this year, I thought it would be cool to double up to create bright eggs. Reed lost interest after the first round of eggs came out, so he headed to bed. Ryland, on the other hand, was very intrigued by the project. We had a great time playing with the colors and creating some super cool eggs.
It was all good until...the very last egg. It was hanging out in the blue dye, when Ryland started digging around in the cup. We asked him to give it a little bit longer, but he didn't stop. In a blink of an eye, the egg and entire cup of blue dye was everywhere. The kitchen cabinets were splattered, and the island drawers were full of blue liquid. My sweet Ryland knew he had messed up. There he stood covered in blue dye with tears in his eyes. I wanted to grab the camera, but I just couldn't. John Chris and I jumped right into clean up mess. Great idea to double up on the dye!

No comments: