Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter party

We headed to the GCSML's Easter party at Parr Park. While we were driving, I told the boys that the Easter bunny would be there, and I would love to get a picture of them with the bunny. I asked Ryland what he thought about that. He informed me that he was going to "slap the bunny's arm". Hmmmm... OK. I assumed he was going to give him five. When the photographer sent me the proofs, I died out laughing. I had to have this one.
Ryland ran out with the crowd of children to gather eggs. It was much like a pack of animals with lots of screaming. It was hilarious!
The little ones had a separate area to gather eggs for their baskets. Reed wasn't really into putting them in his basket. He preferred to shake them.
After Ryland and the big kids found all their eggs, they came over to finish up the little kids' area. Ryland explained putting the eggs in a basket to Reed. They gathered up the last few eggs around.
The boys played on the playground for a little while until their curiosity peaked. They started opening their eggs to find tons of goodies.
Reed wanted to slide one more time before we left. I swear he was worn out.
Ryland begged all the way home to look through his candy eggs. We all sat out in the driveway and opened all the eggs to find out what all they had collected. There were tons of jelly beans and sugar treasures that had us all pumped up after about 30 minutes. Ah, what a sugar high.
Reed soon tried to walk off all that candy. He started walking circles around the driveway. I love this adorable grin.

No comments: