Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Horrible storms

The DFW area had horrible storms today. The National Weather Service has confirmed 16 tornadoes touched down in the metroplex. It got very scary very fast this afternoon. I was watching the news when I saw one of the tornadoes touch down in south Dallas. I called John Chris to check on him, and I decided to go pick up the boys at school. When I arrived at the boys' school, they were in the process of moving them all to the chapel as a safety precaution. Ryland could tell something was wrong, and he was a bit worried. About the time I was walking out of the school, John Chris called to tell me a tornado was headed for us. I practically threw the boys in the truck and raced home.
When we got home I had to walk the fine line of cautious but relaxed for the boys. Ryland sensed that I was a little upset, and he asked what was wrong. I told him not to worry that I would protect him. He was so sweet when he asked, "Are you going to protect Reed too?" My response was "Yes, I promise". Then I looked over at Reed standing at the back door. He was laughing, chatting, and slapping the door. I looked outside and saw what was so entertaining. Three mallards had decided to weather the storm in our pool. I sat there with the boys looking at these silly ducks. They completely calmed our nerves and took our minds off the bad weather, sort of. I immediately thought these ducks were such a blessing. That is until the boys started quacking.
We were blessed to not have any damage or injuries.

No comments: