Saturday, September 29, 2012

Coffee table

 
I remember growing up in a house with lots of pretty knick-knacks.  My mom was really good about teaching us to be careful, not play rough in the house, and to not break things.  I have attempted to teach my boys the same things, so I can keep my pretty knick-knacks out too.  A few months ago my trio of cool candle holders that sat on the coffee table were knocked over.  Not by one of the boys, but actually John Chris broke them.  I have tried to find something to replace them with, but I haven't found anything I am crazy about.
I look at my blank coffee table as a clean slate to decorate, but the boys see it another way.  They see a big climbing box, a performance stage, and many more destructive potentially hazardous ideas.  I figure I have got to gather the reigns now before I lose my ground.  I am just a little hesitant to put anything in the danger zone. 

No comments: