Monday, September 17, 2012

The procedure

This is not how I wanted this pregnancy to end.  The emotions are so difficult to work through, and the only thing that is giving some sort of peace is prayer.

John Chris and I spent the day at Baylor for the D and C procedure.  The staff, nurses, and doctors were very sweet and accommodating.  I held it together pretty well until the Chaplain came by right before I went to the operating room.  We chatted about the feelings that we are dealing with, and we were able to pray together.  She left a small stuffed lamb and some other items to comfort and assist with our grieving. 

The procedure was physically painless, and I am expected to recover within a week. I will take it easy and give myself the time.  I am looking forward to being back to "normal" physically.  I am sure the emotions will follow, but I am a short fuse of tears or anger these days. 

No comments: