Thursday, May 20, 2010

Gym

Ryland has been refusing to stay in the child center at the gym. This has been going on for 2 months now, and it is a bit aggravating. We haven't been regulars lately with all that has been going on, but it is time to get back in a routine. He is fine when we walk in the gym, but he looses it when we walk in the child center. He starts crying and screaming. I usually leave him bawling, only to be called back over the speaker 15 to 30 minutes later. I have been very patient, but I was concerned.

I met with the director to discuss what could be going on. Ryland has been going to the child center since he was just a few months old, so it isn't a new place. I think part of the problem is an attachment phase because he definitely is stuck to me here lately. The majority of the staff is the same, but we used to come early in the morning. The only thing that we could come up with is that he wasn't happy coming later in the day. I think a lot of the problem is the evening staff is younger and they don't really get down on the floor and play with the kids. The morning staff is mostly ladies, and they seem to be a little more comforting.

To test out my theory I dropped him off first thing in the morning. 30 minutes goes by, 45 minutes goes by, and then an hour. What do you know? He stayed a whole hour. Yes, I actually was able to work out today. Awesome!

No comments: