Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ryland's first flight

We left for our family's first summer vacation in Orange Beach today. Lindsey and I flew with Jackson and Ryland to cut out the driving horror. John Chris and Rodney left yesterday and will be in Mobile to pick us up at the airport. I did not know what to expect with Ryland on the plane, but I was pleasantly pleased. He didn't act like his ears hurt, but he wasn't a big fan of being confined to a small area. It was awesome to watch him as the plane took off. He stared out the window and pointed. The flight was only about an hour and a half, but it seemed like an eternity. I did everything I could to keep him entertained and calm. We played with every toy, read every book and magazine, and ate every single animal cracker we had. It was an experience!

No comments: