Thursday, May 12, 2011

Ear infection

Reed woke whinny and clingy. I noticed that he was a little warm, so I checked his temperature. It was right at 100. We spent the morning cuddling and watching a little TV. He wasn't very hungry, and I noticed he was getting warmer. I checked his temperature again, and it had gone to 102.5. I packed the boys in the truck and headed to the doctor.

Unfortunately, his pediatrician's office closes at noon on Wednesdays, so we headed to Dr. Miller's office. After a thorough check, the doctor said Reed had a severe ear infection in his left ear. He prescribed an antibiotic for the next 10 days and Motrin for pain.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. I pray that I haven't passed my ear issues to him. An ear infection is very uncomfortable, and I spent the afternoon and evening keeping him comfortable.

No comments: