Monday, May 16, 2011

Horses, goats, and chickens

We headed outdoors for play group this week. About 3 miles from our house, there is a ranch with horses, goats, and chickens. They specialize in horse riding lessons and summer camps.
Ryland was very unsure when we arrived and saw the horses. He stood over to the side and put his hands in his mouth. I didn't push him to approach the animals, because I knew he would warm up and get comfortable.
I am not a huge horse fan either, so I completely understood. They are big and scary. Since a horse just about killed me in Lake Tahoe years ago, I decided to keep my distance. I don't want Ryland to have my fears, so I told him how pretty and nice horses are. (My fingers were crossed.)

A glimpse at the pond. It really was very serene and calm here. It felt like we were out in the country, but it was only 3 miles from home.


My brave boy decided he wanted to pet one of the horses. The guide tried to get Ryland to feed the horse, but he wasn't interested. He quickly told her no and went on his way to explore the chickens.


By the time we left, Ryland had decided he loved this place. I physically had to pick him up and take him to the truck. He did not want to leave. He is too young to attend their summer camp this year, but we will be back for next summer.

No comments: