Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mommy's birthday

I celebrated my 32nd birthday in true style. I spent the morning scraping and repainting the iron fence in preparation for new plants. The boys and I planted jasmine along the fence and wrapped the runners around the fence like a trellis. I heard the ice cream truck in the distance, and I thought Ryland would enjoy a new experience. I grabbed some cash and we headed out to flag down the truck. Ryland was a bit shy at first, but after we received our delicious ice cream treat, he started coming around. We enjoyed our ice cream in the side yard where we had been working. He couldn't stop talking about the ice cream truck.
After working hard in the yard, we cleaned up and headed out for dinner. We headed to a cool little sushi restaurant for what we hoped would be a relaxing family dinner. We talked to Ryland about sitting in his seat and eating, so we all could enjoy dinner. To our amazement, he was a perfect angel. Ryland couldn't get enough soy beans and soup, and Reed slept through the whole meal. We headed back home for singing and birthday cake. It was a fabulous day, and I wouldn't have wanted to do anything else.
Happy birthday to me!

No comments: