Monday, May 23, 2011

Legoland

We headed to Legoland for play group today. It just opened, so this was our first visit. It took us about an hour to get in due to 6 buses of 3rd graders on a field trip. Crazy!



Once we finally were inside, we were amazed. Ryland thought this concrete truck was too neat. The tank on the back actually rotated like it was mixing. It was almost big enough for Ryland to ride inside.


There were several different areas to play with Legos. One fun area was the earthquake table. It had platforms for building the tallest skyscraper we could. After we finished building, we turned the dial to crank up the vibration. Our skyscraper didn't make it long before it crashed to the floor. We wondered around Legoland and found a Lego DFW. Obviously, the boys were impressed, because I couldn't get them to look at the camera.






DFW Airport



Rangers Ballpark






I noticed a 4D movie theater inside, and I thought Ryland might enjoy a short movie. I wanted to see if he could sit and pay attention. We have been talking about going to a movie, so this was the perfect opportunity.



The next show was only 3 minutes away, so I parked the stroller in line. Things got ugly fast. Reed decided he was hungry, so he started crying. I started feeding him, and Ryland fell out on the floor screaming. He didn't want to wait in line and wanted to go back in the DFW room. The line starts moving forward, and I am in all out nuts mode. I am begging Ryland to get up and walk while pushing the huge double stroller while feeding Reed while trying to grab the diaper bag and camera. We grabbed some glasses and two seats on the end of the row just in case Ryland wasn't up for the movie. We settled into our seats when I smelled the poop. I lifted the burp cloth I was using to feed Reed, and I saw the poop seeping through his outfit. OK, now what was I to do. I can't leave Ryland in the theater while I go change Reed, and I can't take both of them out after making such a huge deal about the movie. I decided to give it a shot since the movie was only 15 minutes long. Once again Reed was a trooper. He sat in my lap and contently finished his bottle while Ryland and I watched the movie. It was such a neat experience. Ryland would reach out to grab things that appeared to come out into the audience. He absolutely loved it!

It was over quickly, so we headed to the restroom to clean up Reed. Ryland just continued to chat about the movie and Legos. We headed home, and I promised him we would come back soon. It was a cool experience that was worth all the drama, but before we could call the morning a wrap we had to make it out to the truck. IN THE POURING RAIN!

No comments: