Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Service

We had a wonderful Easter, and we really enjoyed the Jazz music at church with the boys.  After the service, the boys checked out the fountain.  I took about 25 pictures, and I was able to get one decent one of them both smiling and looking at the camera.
 
Most of the pictures looked more like this one.

 
This fountain was built in memory of a young girl who passed away, and her parents traveled the world to research the design and materials used.  When I first heard about their story, I thought it was a big waste of money and a bit showy.  I thought there had to be a charity that would benefit more from a donation than a massive fountain built in front of our sanctuary.  Since it has been completed, I have completely changed my mind.  Children, families, and lots of people have crowded around for pictures, make wishes, and to pray.  Seeing my boys run around it and attempt to get in the water gives me so much joy.  I also have felt the comfort and presence of God at this site during a difficult time.  I am sure this gives comfort to the parents who lost their daughter way too soon.


No comments: