Friday, March 22, 2013

Ryland's 4th Birthday Party

It was finally time for Ryland to celebrate at his birthday party!  I don't think he could have made it one more day.  The party was all about construction and lots of kids.
 
It was impossible to get a smile out of Ryland once the candle was blown out.  He was ready to eat his cupcake and go play again.  Even John Chris managed a small smile, and he had a stomach bug.

 
We had a huge turn out for the party, and we were nervous that we would run out of room.  The ladies at Paradise Pond were amazing, and they just kept squeezing in another plate every time someone else showed up.




 

 
Wow!  What a great group of 43 kids!

 
I was getting pretty nervous about how many kids were coming to the party, because I had lots of late RSVPs. (like the day of the party)  I was worried that I wouldn't have enough food, drink, and favors.  By the time the party was over, I was overwhelmed with a feeling of being blessed.  About four years ago, John Chris and I didn't know any of these awesome kids or families.  We were about to have Ryland, and we didn't have any close friends in the area with children.  Fast forward to today, and we are surrounded by people we adore.  What a fortunate feeling!

No comments: