Monday, March 11, 2013

Smashed

I have never seen so many lizards until I moved to Southlake.  The first summer was ridiculous!  They were all over the back of the house.  We have been pretty proactive in ridding ourselves of the massive population.  Today, I figured out for sure why the Southlake schools use the Dragon mascot.
The boys and I were playing in the garage today, and I noticed it was a little chilly.  I closed the garage door, and we continued playing for about 30 minutes.  I had one more box to take out to the curb before the trash truck came.  It was pretty windy, and before I knew it packing peanuts were flying out of the box.  The boys and I chased the foam pieces around the yard and driveway.  Quickly grabbing and sticking them back in the box.
We were down to the last few peanuts, when Ryland shouted "Hey Mom, look at that huge lizard!"  When I looked over, I just about freaked out.  See, I hate lizards, and I admit I have a problem/phobia.  This thing was no lizard.  It was a little dragon.
I ran in the garage to grab some wasp spray to make sure it was dead.  I did not want that big thing in my garage.  Needless to say, it was already dead from the smash of the garage door.  Ouch!  Crazy that the garage door came down on a lizard.  I guess it was still a little chilly and the extra size slowed him down. 
 

No comments: