Thursday, March 14, 2013

Office

The office project has seemed to go on for months.  What started as a simple organization project turned into a major discovery and repair.  After the leak was fixed, we had to put everything back together.  I spent many late nights caulking and painting in order to finally have a little normality return.
I love the final look, and I am more than thrilled about all the storage.  We added an extra piece of trim to the wainscoting to make it more substantial.  All the trim, moulding, and cabinets got a fresh coat or two of paint.  The wood surfaces on both cabinets were replaced with a granite slab.  I also added the trellis print wallpaper to back of the shelves.  After simplifying the books and decorative objects, I was able to delete half the shelves I had originally. 
 
 
What started it all - Elfa gliding baskets.  I am addicted, and I could have a problem.  I LOVE them.  I sorted all the office and craft supplies into baskets for me and the boys.  It is easy to find and grab coloring books, markers, paints, and more.  I originally thought I would just do 2 or 3, and I ended up with 7 baskets in the office.


No comments: